Health and Wellbeing - PE and PHSCE
Personal ,Social, Health, & Citizenship Education (PSHCE):
In PSHCE, learning is driven by communicating, relationships and dealing with emotions. Activities and units of work are designed to explore emotional concerns and to allow pupils to understand and express what they feel in a safe and interesting environment. It is about communicating and talking with others, exploring the ways people relate to each other and understanding the importance of feelings and relationships.
At Rillington Primary School, we strive to develop the qualities and attributes all pupils need to thrive as individuals, family members and members of society.
Priorities for PSHCE in Rillington
- The school is ready to teach the Dfe Relationship and Sex Education and Health Education learning outcomes when they become statutory from September 2020.
2. All children are taught about friendships, relationships and safety as part of SRE.
3. There is a well-planned PSHE curriculum.
4. Children’s mental health and wellbeing is supported through lessons and targeted support.
5. A trained member of staff supports individuals and their families with positive mental health and wellbeing.
6. Staff health and wellbeing is a priority for leaders at Rillington Primary School.