RILLINGTON PRIMARY SCHOOL INTERIM GOVERNING BODY
On 1 April 2020 Rillington Primary School became an academy and joined Elevate Multi Academy Trust.
Elevate, as an exempt charity and limited company is run by a board of Trustees. Further information can be found at www.elevatemat.org
Elevate Multi Academy Trust policies are circulated to all Head Teachers and Academy office staff. Should you need further copies, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Dianne Mousley, Compliance Officer for Elevate Multi Academy Trust by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trustees are accountable for Elevate and their Academies and some of their responsibilities can be delegated to their local governing body.
Our governance is in the process of being reformed in accordance with Elevate’s Scheme of Delegation. It will comprise:
- 1 Headteacher
- 1 member of staff – elected
- 2 parent governors – elected
- 4 co-opted governors – these may be people who live or work in the community served by our Academy, who are committed to the good governance and success of the Academy, but do not work or live close to it or, who in the opinion of the governors have the necessary skills set.
In order to maintain continuity during this time whilst the Academy is closed, an interim governing body has been established. The members are:
- Chair of Governors: Diana Wetherell Terry [Leadership, Curriculum, Governance. Community Focus]
- Vice Chair: Rob Williams [Maths and Science including Subject Leadership]
- Sally Dunkley [Safeguarding, Child Protection, Health and Safety, Buildings. SEND/Inclusion]
- Ian Holmes [English – Reading and Writing including Subject Leadership. Wider Curriculum Areas including Subject Leadership]
- Pat Dubas [Behaviour and Attendance, Personal Development. Financial Strategy. Community Focus]
Whilst Rillington is closed our priorities will be safeguarding, health and safety, Head teacher and staff wellbeing.
Our Acting Head teacher, Mrs Stabler, supported by Elevate, will ensure a smooth transition when the Academy reopens.
Diana Wetherell Terry