Local Governing Body
Rillington are proud to be part of the educational vision for Elevate Multi Academy Trust whilst retaining our own strong identity. The Trustees have allowed its Academies to retain the same composition for their local governing bodies, which is set out below.
The three core functions of the local governing board are:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- To hold the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the Academy and its children.
- To oversee the financial performance of the Academy and make sure its money is well spent.
Chair of Governors: Diana Wetherell Terry
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Rillington Primary School, High Street, Rillington, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 8LA
Together, the Governors are responsible for:
Setting aims and targets for the academy and checking the academy’s progress towards attaining these.
Monitoring how well the Academy’s policies and plans are working.
Accounting for the performance of the Academy and the Governing Body.
Working with the Head teacher to make sure that teaching at the academy is effective and good quality and the children are making the best possible progress.
Taking general responsibility for the Academy and its budget.
Challenging and supporting the senior management team and taking opportunities to show interest in and appreciation of staff and children.
Promoting the interests of the Academy and its children in the wider community.
Types of Governors
There are several different types of Governor:
Parent Governor - Elected from parents at the school by parents at the Academy.
Staff Governor - Elected from staff at the school by staff at the Academy
Co-opted Governors - Appointed by members of the Local Governing Body. They are intended to be representative of the local community and may add particular kinds of expertise.
- Associate member - Associate members may be appointed by the governing body as members, they are people who the governing body feel could contribute to its work.
Rillington's Local Governing Body:
- 1 Headteacher
- 1 member of staff – elected
- 2 parent governors – elected
- 4 co-opted governors – these may be people who live or work in the community served by our Academy, who are committed to the good governance and success of the Academy, but do not work or live close to it or, who in the opinion of the governors have the necessary skills set.
The members of Rillington's Local Governing Body are:
- Chair of Governors - co-opted: Diana Wetherell Terry 01.04.2020 - 01.04.2024
- Vice Chair of Governors - co-opted: Rob Williams 01.04.2020 - 01.04.2024
- Co-opted Governor: Sally Dunkley 01.04.2020 - 01.04.2024
- Co-opted Governor: Vacancy
- Parent Governor Vacancy
- Parent Governor Vacancy
- Headteacher: Carrie Stabler ex officio
- Staff Governor: Jo Johnson 17.09.20 - 17.09.24
Register of interests:
Code of conduct:
2019 - 2020
Diana Wetherell Terry 04.05.20 13.07.20
Rob Williams 13.07.20
Sally Dunkley 04.05.20 13.07.20
Pat Dubas 04.05.20 13.07.20
Carrie Stabler 04.05.20 13.07.20
2020 - 2021
Diana Wetherell Terry 15.10.20
Rob Williams 15.10.20
Sally Dunkley 15.10.20
Carrie Stabler 15.10.20
Jo Johnson 15.10.20
Elevate MAT policies are circulated to all Headteachers and academy office staff. Should you need a copy, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Dianne Mousley, email@example.com, Dianne is the compliance officer for Elevate.